DART® Pro MT™
Master the Quality.|
Audio Tools for Maximizing Sound Quality
The best tools for maximizing the sound quality of older or newly recorded audio.
DART Pro MT... the latest and fastest version of a complete sound improvement system. You will be amazed by the power and speed of the MultiThreaded restoration tools and the exceptional audio quality they deliver. Use DART Pro MT to capture sound from the sound card, or use with digital files to clean up and improve even the most troublesome audio problems.|
Restoration Filters | New Features | Applications | System Requirements
"The majority of the music you hear on KCEA is digitized from 78 RPM records. DART Pro is the software application we use in the restoration process of those records."
Michael Isaacs, General Manager
- Special audio restoration and quality improvement functions:
- Eliminate impulsive disturbances (Click and Pop removal)
- Eliminate broadband/wideband noise (Hiss and all types of background noise removal)
- Eliminate harmonic disturbances (Hum & Buzz removal)
- Noise suppression based on a psychoacoustic model of the human auditory system. (Improved results)
- Replacement and reconstruction of large and small fragments and losses. (Replacement and Drop-out reconstruction
- MT™ (Multithreading) Support uses all CPUs simultaneously in a multi-CPU system for much faster processing.
- Works with 16 & 24 bit and up to 96kHz wave files and sound cards.
- Works with Music or Speech Recordings.
- Automatic tool settings as well as manual settings audio tools for full control.
- GUI - Graphical User Interface for sound file visualization. (Waveforms, parametrics & spectral views)
- Filter Builder for unique combinations of tools and processing options.
- Batch processing. (For lengthy unattended processing)
- Full background processing. Process files in the background while using other programs.
- Analog audio capture. (Via the Sound Card)
- Documentation. (Online Help and Electronic Manual)
Applications - Who is using the best audio restoration system?
- Audio Engineers - Professional re-mastering of music and post production audio quality work.
- Project Studios - Remove and reduce audio distortions from vocal and instrumental tracks.
- Forensics Analysis - Investigative and Evidentiary audio analysis.
- Historians and Archivists - Recovery of historical voice recordings, or lecture tape clarification and amplification.
- School music labs - Teach digital audio, audio science and music history.
- DJs - Music Recovery & Audio improvement.
- KJs - Removal of lead vocal and adding sound affects. (audio prep for Karaoke authoring)
- Music lovers - Restore and Save the music you love from records, tapes, cassettes, and video.
- Record collectors - Music Restoration, Preservation, & Listening.
Eight Powerful Sound Quality Improvement Functions -
- DART DeClick MT™ - Elimination of impulsive disturbances and low intensity wide band noise. The tool isolates and reconstructs irrevocably distorted signal samples.
- DART DeCrackle MT™ - An advanced tool for elimination of impulsive disturbances, based on bidirectional processing of audio signals (it combines results of forward-time and backward-time signal analysis).
- DART NoisePrint™ - A special noise identification function selects a fragment of a recording that contains noise only - a short piece of "silence" preceding or after a recorded signal. Or extract the NoisePrint from another recording.
- DART ReTouch™ - Manual control of DeClick and DeCrackle including replacement and reconstruction of large fragments useful for repairing long-lasting disturbances or dropouts.
- DART DeNoise MT™ - Elimination of a broadband noise of known characteristics using NoisePrint to identify a specific noise pattern.
- DART MaskNoise MT™ - Noise suppression tool based on a psychoacoustic model of the human auditory system. MaskNoise identifies noise components of corrupted audio files and divides them into audible and inaudible components, "masked" by the audio signal. Only the audible components are removed.
- DART DeHiss MT™ - A wideband noise reduction utility based on a standard noise model. Used when a noiseprint is not available.
- DART DeHum™ - Elimination of harmonic disturbances. (Hum and Buzz removal)
New Features -
More tools and functions:
- Windows 7® Support - Runs on 7! (and Windows XP®)
- MT™ (MultiThreading) Support - Uses hardware SMT and Microsoft Windows Preemptive Multitasking to achieve simultaneous processing on all cores in a multi-core system for much faster processing - as much as nX on an n CPU system!
DART MT is automatically invoked when multi-CPU systems are in use.
- Faster Processing - Many tools run faster due to software optimizations increasing single CPU performance.
- Faster File Duplication - Up to 5 times faster file duplication.
- Improved Buffer Management - No limitation on buffer assignments and more efficient use of buffers improving perfrmance.
- Improved Realtime Support - Software optimization improvements made.
- GUI Improvements - A complete set of shortcuts and mouseclicks for easier control.
- Full Background Support - Use other programs while DART runs in the background.
- Scale, Maximize, Reverse & Add, Subtract, and Reverse signals.
- Split/Unit channels & Convert to/from Stereo/Mono.
- Editing - cut, copy, paste & multi-cut.
- Smart Editing - cut, mute & crossfade.
- Equalize frequency bands with Gain and Clipping controls.
- Lowpass, Highpass, Bandpass, Bandstop & Notch filters.
- Fade In, Fade Out & Crossfade.
- Resample, Change Speed, Adjust RPM, & Trim Length adjustments..
- Speed Up and Down & Shift pitch modifications.
- Find Pattern, Compare & Mix audio signals.
- Unpack automatically to separate tracks and individual files. (From a silence NoisePrint)
- DeVocal & Reverb. (For Karaoke work)
- Waveforms, outliers, zooming, and 2D & 3D spectral analysis viewing.
- And others…
Processing options -
Captures audio from multiple sources - Analog & Digital:
- Automatic and transparent 24 and 16 Bit sound file support at up to 96 kHz.
- Mono & Stereo.
- Music and Speech.
- Interactive, Batch and Real Time. (See below for limitations)
- Unique processing for each frequency and sample rate.
- Unique processing for each time division options.
- Forward & Reverse processing.
- Set/Drop Markers, Set/Remove frames, Divide/Combine time slices.
- MyFilter & Filter Builder for making custom filters with unique filter & processing combinations.
- DirectX audio plug-in support - use any DirectX plug-in with DART PRO MT.
Graphics - See the audio, see the distortions, find and fix -
- 78, 45 or 33 RPM records.
- Cassette or reel-to-reel tapes; radio too.
- Extract audio from CD tracks and DAT tape.
- 2D & 3D spectral analysis, parametrics, waveforms, outliers, zooming, etc.
Minimum System Requirements -
- CPU: Intel Pentium® or equivalent (or faster).
- Multiple CPUs: For DART MT multithreading performance.
- System Software: Microsoft Windows 7® and Windows Vista® or Microsoft Windows XP® (Professional or Home Editions)
- System Software: Microsoft Windows® Preemptive Multitasking for DART MT multithreading performance. (Windows XP® or later)
- Memory: 16 MB RAM.
- Sound Card: 16 or 24 bit Windows compatible (for analog sound capture).